Sujeto + infinitive del verbo sin to + ed.
I watched TV yesterday.
* Con la mayoría de los vebos, se añade –ed al infinitive sin to.
work - worked
* Con verbos acabados en –e, se añade –d.
live - lived
* Con verbos acabados en consonante + y, la y se sustituye por –ied.
study - studied
* Con verbos acabados en consonante, vocal, consonante, la consonante se duplica y se añade –ed.
travel - travelled
El pasado simple de algunos verbos ingleses no acaba en –ed, sino que tiene una forma irregular, que es la misma para todas las personas.
`have´ se convierte en `had´
Los verbos irregulars no siguen normas ortográficas generales, por lo que hay que aprendérselos de memoría.
Infinitivo - Pasado simple - Traducción
be - was, were - ser, estar
become - became - convertirse en, volverse
begin - began - empezar
break - broke - romper(se)
build - built - construir
buy - bought - comprar
can - could - poder, saber
catch - caught - coger
come - came - venir
cost - cost - costar
do - did - hacer
draw - drew - dibujar
drink - drank - beber
drive - drove - conducir
eat - ate - comer
feel - felt - sentir(se), notar
fight - fought - luchar
find - found - encontrar
fly - flew - volar
forget - forgot - olvidar
get - got - conseguir
get up - got up - levantarse
give - gave - dar
go - went - ir(se)
have - had - haber, tener
hold - held - agarrar, sujetar
keep - kept - guarder, mantener(se)
know - knew - saber, conocer
learn - learnt - aprender
leave - left - abandoner, irse (de)
let - let - dejar
lose - lost - perder
make - made - hacer
meet - met - conocer, encontrarse (con)
pay - paid - pagar
read - read - leer
ride - rode - montar a (caballo), andar en (bici…)
run - ran - correr
say - said - decir
see - saw - ver
send - sent - mandar, enviar
shine - shone - brillar
sing - sang - cantar
sit - sat - sentarse
sleep - slept - dormir
speak - spoke - hablar
spend - spent - gastar, pasar(tiempo)
steal - stole - robar
swim - swam - nadar
take - took - coger
teach - taught - enseñar
think - thought - pensar
wear - wore - vestir, llevar puesto
write - wrote - escribir
I didn´t work.
You didn´t work.
He didn´t work.
She didn´t work.
It didn´t work.
We didn´t work.
You didn´t work.
They didn´t work.
Did I work?
Did you work?
Did he work?
Did she work?
Did it work?
Did we work?
Did you work?
Did they work?
Yes, I did.
Yes, you did.
Yes, he did.
Yes, she did.
Yes, it did.
Yes, we did.
Yes, you did.
Yes, they did.
No, I didn´t.
No, you didn´t.
No, he didn´t.
No, she didn´t.
No, it didn´t.
No, we didn´t.
No, you didn´t.
No, they didn´t.
El las frases negativas e interrogativas, así como en las respuestas breves, el auxiliar es el mismo para todas las personas.
* En las frases negativas e interrogativas, siempre se debe utilizar el infinitivo del verbo sin to.
She didn´t phone her
No se puede decir: She didn´t phoned her.
Did you study yesterday?
No se puede decir: Did you studied yesterday?
* En las preguntas que contienen partículas interrogativas (what, when, who, why, where), estas se colocan delante del auxiliar did.
Where did you go?
Who did he visit?
El pasado simple se utiliza para hablar de acciones que sucedieron en un momento concreto del pasado. En estas frases aparecen expresiones de tiempo tales como yesterday (ayer), last week (la semana pasada), last night (anoche), etc.
I played football last Saturday. We went shopping yesterday.
* Ago se traduce por ¨hace¨ y se refiere a una acción del pasado, a algo que ya ha acabado.
They travelled to London three days ago.
* Ago no puede encabazar una expression de tiempo.
ten years ago
No se puede decir: ago ten years
I didn´t watch TV last night.
1. On Saturday I ____________ (play) computer games with my cousins.
2. My mum ____________ (not cook) dinner last night.
3. I ____________ (walk) to school because there weren´t any buses.
4. They ____________ (not dance) at the party.
5. My brother ____________ (travel) to Ireland last summer.
1. On Saturday I played computer games with my cousins.
2. My mum didn´t cook dinner last night.
3. I walked to school because there weren´t any buses.
4. They didn´t dance at the party.
5. My brother travelled to Ireland last summer.
1. copy __________
2. revise __________
3. cycle __________
4. listen __________
5. practice __________
6. play __________
7. like __________
8. move __________
9. shout __________
10. start __________
1. copy copied
2. revise revised
3. cycle cycled
4. listen listened
5. practice practiced
6. play played
7. like liked
8. move moved
9. shout shouted
10. start started
night? / meet / Did / you / them / last /
Did you meet them last night?
1. film? / like / you / Did / the /
2. you / many / did / ask? / How / people /
3. a / have / time? / they / Did / good /
4. did / weekend? / the / What / do / we / at /
5. she / DVD? / Where / that / did / buy /
6. party / on / your / go / Saturday? / he / Did / to /
7. did / yesterday? / Who / you / see /
1. Did you like the film?
2. How many people did you ask?
3. Did they have a good time?
4. What did we do at the weekend?
5. Where did she buy that DVD?
6. Did he go to your party on Saturday?
7. Who did you see yesterday?
Who do you met on Saturday morning? X
Who did you meet on Saturday morning?
1. Did he went to school yesterday? X
2. Why did you to go home early? X
3. Where you did learn English? X
4. Did she works today? X
5. What do you this yesterday? X
6. Did they last night phone you? X
1. Did he go to school yesterday?
2. Why did you go home early?
3. Where did you learn English?
4. Did she work today?
5. What did you do this yesterday?
6. Did they phone you last night?
1. fly ___________
2. use ___________
3. study ___________
4. eat ___________
5. make ___________
6. travel ___________
7. see ___________
1. fly I
2. use R
3. study R
4. eat I
5. make I
6. travel R
7. see I
be – got up – meet – have – go – run – drink – sleep – swim – eat
Yesterday I got up early, at about seven o´clock.
1. I ________ a shower and some fruit for breakfast.
2. Then I ________ to the sports centre.
3. I ________ 500 meters in the swimming pool and then
4. I ________ 5 kilometers.
5. At lunchtime I ________ my friends in a café.
6. We ________ some pasta and ________ some juice.
7. After lunch I ________ for a few hours, I ________ tired!
1. I had a shower and some fruit for breakfast.
2. Then I went to the sports centre.
3. I swam ran 500 meters in the swimming pool and then
4. I ran5 kilometers.
5. At lunchtime I met my friends in a café.
6. We ate some pasta and drank some juice.
7. After lunch I slept for a few hours, I was tired!
1. I opened the door and ___________ (look) inside.
2. Who ___________ (close) all the windows?
3. I ___________ (carry) my mom´s shopping bag.
4. I ___________ (not climb) over the fence.
5. I ___________ (rip) my shirt.
6. The plane ___________ (land) ten minutes ago.
7. We ___________ (live) in that house when I was a baby.
8. My brother ___________ (not cry) when he fell of his bike.
9. We ___________ (walk) to school yesterday.
10. She ___________ (smile) when she saw me.
11. We ___________ (hurry) to the station to catch the train.
12. She ___________ (laugh) when I told her the joke.
13. We ___________ (race) each other on our bikes.
14. Dad ___________ (not help) me with my homework.
15. Helen ___________ (whisper) me a secret.
16. Luis Miguel ___________ (hurry) to catch a bus.
17. We ___________ (return) our books to the library.
18. She ___________ (not kiss) the frog.
19. The frog ___________ (change) into a prince.
20. Two doctors ___________ (rush) into the room.
21. I ___________ (not kick) the ball very hard.
22. Who ___________ (invent) the computer?
23. Dinosaurs ___________ (live) many years ago.
24. It ___________ (not snow) last night.
25. They ___________ (not work) until twelve last night.
1. I opened the door and looked inside.
2. Who did close all the windows?
3. I carried my mom´s shopping bag.
4. I didn´t climb over the fence.
5. I ripped my shirt.
6. The plane landed ten minutes ago.
7. We lived in that house when I was a baby.
8. My brother didn´t cry when he fell of his bike.
9. We walked to school yesterday.
10. She smiled when she saw me.
11. We hurried to the station to catch the train.
12. She laughed when I told her the joke.
13. We raced each other on our bikes.
14. Dad didn´t help me with my homework.
15. Helen whispered me a secret.
16. Luis Miguel hurried to catch a bus.
17. We returned our books to the library.
18. She didn´t kiss the frog.
19. The frog changed into a prince.
20. Two doctors rushed into the room.
21. I didn´t kick the ball very hard.
22. Who invented the computer?
23. Dinosaurs lived many years ago.
24. It didn´t snow last night.
25. They didn´t work until twelve last night.
1. I ___________ (loose) my watch in the park.
2. David ___________ (not hurt) his knee.
3. I kicked the ball and it ___________ (break) a window.
4. My new shoes ___________ (not cost) a lot of money.
5. I ___________ (get) this book from the library.
6. We had a garage where we ___________ (keep) our car.
7. Ali ___________ (cut) his knee.
8. The glass ___________ (fall) off the table.
9. The glass ___________ (not break).
10. We ___________ (sell) our old car.
11. We ___________ (buy) a new car.
12. The bell ___________ (not ring).
13. We all ___________ (go) into school.
14. The dog ___________ (catch) the ball.
15. The man ___________ (not kneel) down.
16. Our cat ___________ (run) onto the road.
17. Jane ___________ (not write) a letter.
18. I ___________ (buy) a new camera last week.
19. We ___________ (drive) to a safari park yesterday.
20. Yesterday Dad ___________ (not take) me to the carnival.
21. Elizabeth ___________ (give) Eva a chocolate.
22. Jack and Jill ___________ (not go) up the hill.
23. Her ring ___________ (cost) ten Euros.
24. I ___________ (put) sugar in my coffee.
25. He ___________ (not hit) the ball over the net.
1. I lost my watch in the park.
2. David didn´t hurt his knee.
3. I kicked the ball and it broke a window.
4. My new shoes didn´t cost a lot of money.
5. I got this book from the library.
6. We had a garage where we kept our car.
7. Ali cut his knee.
8. The glass fell off the table.
9. The glass didn´t break.
10. We sold our old car.
11. We bought a new car.
12. The bell didn´t ring.
13. We all went into school.
14. The dog caught the ball.
15. The man didn´t kneel down.
16. Our cat ran onto the road.
17. Jane didn´t write a letter.
18. I bought a new camera last week.
19. We drove to a safari park yesterday.
20. Yesterday Dad didn´t take me to the carnival.
21. Elizabeth gave Eva a chocolate.
22. Jack and Jill didn´t go up the hill.
23. Her ring cost ten Euros.
24. I put sugar in my coffee.
25. He didn´t hit the ball over the net.
Fichas sobre el pasado simple: verbos regulares e irregulares
Las respuestas correctas